JWT Authentication Demo
Learn JWT by reverse engineering & debugging
This is an interactive tutorial to learn about JWT by reverse engineering. By the end of this tutorial, you’ll learn what a JWT is and how you can implement authentication using JWTs in your app.
We'll start with examples and then reverse engineer by deconstructing each part.
Prior Knowledge Expected
I am expecting you to have a very high-level overview of following concepts but I will also make sure to link necessary learning resources wherever you need them
Time Required: 15 mins
- HTML forms and cookies
- HTTP web requests
- Public-key cryptography (no need to learn the math, just learn what it does)
- Base64 encoding (no need to learn the math)
- Understanding anatomy of a token
- Verifying a token
- Generating a secure token
- Using token to authenticate request
- Sending token to authorization server
- Implementing logout
- Resources to learn more
Next: How does a JWT look like?